December 04, 2011

Pan seared Asian pork



I really don’t know the name of pork I have cooked, so I am just calling it a pan seared Asian pork. I have so many seasoning in pantry and fridge; I used whatever I could see to make a very good flavor.  I believe it is a mixture of Chinese, Thai and Japanese. Phew!!I I am not a huge fan of sugar in pork like usual Asian pork have, so I excluded it. I haven’t had pork for a long time either, not a huge fan! But I do like to eat it once in a while. This pork turned out to be perfect, I bet it would have been even better if it was grilled. It was very tender, probably to do with marinating for three hours. I hope you guys try this recipe, it’s so good that words can’t describe nor the pictures can describe….
Yield: 4
Time: 3 hrs marinate, 16 minutes to cook

Ingredients:
One pound boneless pork ribs
2 tablespoon  soy sauce
1 tablespoon  teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon  mirin
1 tablespoon  finely chopped lemon grass
2 finely chopped Thai red chili peppers
2 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon  salt
1 teaspoon  red chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon  garlic paste

In a bowl marinate the pork with all the above ingredients and stay aside in fridge for 3 hours.
Heat the oil in a pan in high heat, seared the pork in each side for 7 minutes. It depends upon the thickness.

No comments: