December 02, 2011

Sweet potato bread



I have so many uncooked sweet potatoes I bought for thanksgiving. Holiday season is here, so its baking time!!, Instead of usual sweet potatoes casserole i make, this time I ended up making sweet potato bread. I have made banana bread and zucchini bread, so I thought it would be good to try something new. Besides I don’t buy sweet potato other than holiday season. It was easy to make, the smell of house from cinnamon and nutmeg was so good. It turned out wonderful. The picture might not do justice!! I cut it before it  even cooled:). I will be making it again. 

Time :90 minutes
Serve:4

Ingredients:
2 cup flour
1 cup sweet mashed potatoes
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup walnuts

Directions
Preheat the oven at 350 degree. and grease 9 X 5 inch pan. In a bowl all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In a separate  bowl mix the eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and water. Mix the flour mixture and sweet potatoes. Add walnut to it.                 
Pour the batter in the greased pain. Bake it in the preheated oven for 60 minutes for one hour.

No comments: