I was so in mood to eat some vegetable momos. Veggie momos are lot lighter and healthier than meat momos. There are so many types of veggie momos we can make from but the one available in my fridge was some medium size cabbage. I used my food processor to shred the cabbage, onions and cilantro. The most important thing while making veggie momos is to drain water from the cabbage otherwise the whole fillings may be watery and mushy while packing it in the home made or wanton wrapper.
Prep time : 1 hour
Cook time :20 minutes
1 medium size cabbage shredded
1 medium size onion shredded
1 bunch of cilantro shredded or finely chopped
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 store bought wanton wrapper
Sesame seed chutney
1/2 cup sesame seed three roma tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro
1 table spoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon red chili powder
1. In a pan heat the oil, saute the shredded cabbage with 2 teaspoon of salt for 10 mins at a medium heat. Add onion and cilantro to the pan. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add cayenne powder and cumin powder to it, mix it properly. Put the filling in the bowl and keep it aside until it cools down. Now it is ready to be used for filling in the wanton wrapper. Read the direction of filling in the wanton wrapper package. Once it is wrapped put it in the steamer that is coated with oil. Coating oil prevents the momos to stick in the steamer
2. Boil the water and steam it in steamer for 15 minutes. Its ready to be serve with chutney
Directions sesame chutney:
1. In a pan, at medium heat toast the sesame seeds until it becomes slightly brown. To avoid burning the sesame seeds needs to be stir constantly with a spoon. Once it cools down blend it in a blender.
2. At a medium heat, cook a Diced 3 roma tomatoes for 10 minutes, until the water comes out of the tomatoes and start boiling. Once it is ready add the cooked tomatoes in the blender with sesame seed. Blend it until it is purred.
3. Add bunch of cilantro, 2 teaspoon red chili powder, 2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 whole garlic to the blender with tomatoes and sesame seed puree. Blend it until it reaches smooth consistency. Now its ready to be served with momos. I hope you guy enjoy it.