January 19, 2013

Simple oven roasted duck





Something unusual I have cooked today for blog.  I have always seen chef cooking duck in Food network but personally have never tried it before. Heard about it enough being greasy so I was always reluctant. For some reason this Christmas I really wanted to cook duck something different than ham but the one we looked in the store was too big and expensive for two of us.  This week we went to farmers market and found a perfect size for a small meal.  I guess I am just tired right now after a long night work and cooking.  I was too tired to research more about duck recipe, with simple way of cooking, in short my verdict after eating, it was real good I thought its better than a fried chicken.  It was too moist, not gamey and literally melted in the mouth. Even my friend thought its better than Turkey and my son did gobbled it up. I hope you guy enjoy this simple recipe too.

Yield: 4
Time: 2 and half hours

Ingredients:

5 pounds duck
1 orange

1 onion bulb

1 tea spoon salt
1 teas poon black pepper

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven for 375 degree

2.  Clean duck thoroughly inside and outside. Cut 1 orange and 1 onion bulb in half piece. Stuff it inside the duck. Sprinkle the duck with salt and pepper. Put the duck with breast facing on the  bottom of the baking pan. This avoids drying the duck breast. Cook it in 375 for 1 hour 45 minutes. Set aside for 15 minutes, and serve in with your favorite food.

No comments: