January 03, 2012

Blue crab made in spicy coconut curry



Over all it was awesome day!! I ended up buying three live blue crab with the request of my son from the Smyrna farmers market. I have never cooked crab before let alone the live one. Freaked me out a little bit killing those poor crab, I needed some help from YouTube  “ How to clean the blue crab”  which came handy.  Still found out I didn’t clean properly later on, I was so scared of cutting the poor live crab I really didn’t bother to clean it in a proper way. But the taste of the crab made in coconut milk was simply worth and amazing. Wish I could have bought more for two of us. After intense googling of the recipe, I finally came to conclusion to make some spicy crab curry. Spicy crab curry with rice, and it was exactly the taste I wanted.  Sweet spicy blue crab!!!Yummy yummy…..


Yield: 2
Time: 30 minutes


Ingredients:

2 pounds blue crabs

1 small finely chopped onion

13 ounces coconut milk

1 roma tomatoes

2  finely chopped Thai chili peppers

1 teaspoon red chili powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ginger

2 tablespoon  canola oil

½ cup chopped cilantro


Directions:
Heat the oil in saucepan, in the medium heat sauté the chopped onions for 4 minutes, add chopped roma tomatoes, chilli peppers,coconut milk,ginger,salt and chili powder to the pan. Simmer it for ten minutes.

Add the cleaned cut crab to it and cook it for additional 7 minutes. Garnish it with cilantro and serve it  with rice.

No comments: