October 21, 2013

Shrimp and grits





It’s after a long time, I am updating my food blogs.  Some of my readers might have thought I am lost, well I am still here and still cooking actively at my small kitchen. Just don’t have enough time to write and post all those things. Well what else will be better than updating my blogs with my all-time favorite Southern Shrimp and grits with Cajun spice kicks.  I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Time: 20 minutes

Yield:4

Ingredients

Grits:

1 cup of finely coursed yellow corn grits

4 cups of water

4 tablespoon butter

4 ounces pepper jack cheese

1 ½ teaspoon of salt

Cajun Shrimp

1 Pound deveined shrimp

4 tablespoon butter

2 teaspoon Cajun spice

3 garlic cloves

1 fresh lime

1 teaspoon salt

Finely chopped cilantro for garnishment

Directions:

1.      1. In a pot bring 4 cups of water to boil. Pour 1 cup of grits, in the meantime add butter, salt and cheese and cooked it in the medium heat for 10 minutes.  Stir the grits regularly in order to avoid the clump. The consistency of the grits should be thick by the end.

2.    2. Heat the iron skillet in the medium heat; pour the butter that is melted in microwave. Saute the crushed garlic cloves but make sure not to burn it.  Pour the shrimp in the skillet, add Cajun spices, salt and cook it for 6 minutes.  Squeeze the fresh lime on top of the shrimp. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro.

3.      3.Serve the cooked shrimp on top of the cooked grits. And wallah!!! PS: You can always adjust the spices according to your taste.
<



No comments: