February 05, 2013

Buffalo Wings





I was supposed to post buffalo wing recipe for Superbowl weekend.  It’s been fun and busy start of the week, so finally am able to share my recipe with you guys. One of the most popular breaded fried chicken wings dipped in hot sauce you can find in this country. The name itself is confusing, for those who are not familiar with buffalo wing might be looking for real buffalo meat!  That is what I first thought about it when I was very new to this country. Since then I have been trying to make the perfect one in my small kitchen, I feel this one is better than any of the one you can find in restaurant. Most of the time I use my own judgment while frying the chicken. It all depends upon the size of the wings and the dish I used while frying. I was out of powdered garlic so instead used fresh garlic for breading the wings and substituted the garlic with sriracha sauce for the buffalo wing sauce.  This buffalo wing is finger licking yummy with blue cheese dressing!! It was crispy outside and moist inside.  I hope you guys enjoy it and any questions will be appreciated. And please adjust the heat for this recipe according to your taste bud. For me it was perfect.

Time: 2 hours

Yield: 4

Ingredients:

12 whole chicken wings (cut into 24 pieces)

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 ½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2 teaspoon of crushed garlic

Oil for deep frying

For Sauce:

1 cup Louisiana hot sauce

1 table spoon sriracha sauce

½ cup butter

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions: 

1.Heat the oil in heavy bottom pan until it becomes hot. The oil should be enough to dip the whole wings.

2.In a bowl mix chicken wings, flour, crushed garlic, cayenne powder, pepper and salt. Set it aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour. In the mean time for buffalo wing sauce, heat the mixture of Louisiana hot sauce, sriracha sauce, butter, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a pan.  Heat it until the butter is melted.

3.Fry the coated chicken wings for 10 to 12 minutes in high heat.  Remove the chicken out of the oil and mix it immediately with hot sauce in a bowl. Serve it with blue cheese dressing and celery. Enjoy!

No comments: